How to Refer and Case Acceptance at Orthodontic Department Solihull Hospital
Patients with following malocclusions are accepted for treatment at Solihull hospital.
- Patients requiring multidisciplinary care, i.e.:
- Patients with marked skeletal problems requiring orthognathic surgery
- with ectopic teeth, especiallycanines & incisors
- requiring orthodontic preparation for restorative work such as implants or bridges
- Patients whose treatment is complicated by
- Medically compromised
- Transfers from other NHS Hospital Orthodontic Service departments only
- Orthodontist in primary can refer patients for advice and guidance for complex cases
National guidelines are provided below. Based on these mainly 3b category and a small number patients from 3a are accepted for treatment in the department.
Referral contact address:
Mr B S Thind
Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
Telephone: 0121 424 5310/5307